The combined earnings of firms listed at the stock exchange during the first half of the year skyrocketed to P148.75 billion from last year’s P105.2 billion. That’s a whooping 41.4 percent increase!
How come when lowly workers ask for a raise, companies always claim they are losing? Ha, ha, ha!
Here they are – the ten most profitable firms in the country:
1. PLDT (with Smart) – P17 billion;
2. Ayala Corp – P11.49 billion;
3. San Miguel Corp – P7.87 billion;
4. Globe Telecom (a unit of Ayala) – P6.42 billion;
5. PAL Holdings – P6.32 billion;
6. SM Investment Corp -P5.87 billion;
7. Bank of PI (a unit of Ayala) – P5.71 billion;
8. PNOC-EDC – P4.22 billion;
9. JG Summit – P3.84 billion;
10. Metrobank – P3.695 billion;
Please note of a combined Ayala Corp group’s earnings of over P23 billion in six months making it actually the most profitable business outfit in the land! They’re earning roughly P4 billion a month, topping the Gokongwei’s 6-month profits, or Davao City’s own annual budget of over P3 billion.