The celebration of Earth Day on April 22 falls on a Tuesday, our City Council session day.
So, I am forwarding this suggestion to my colleagues to help mark this worldwide event:
1) Walk or bike our way to the office;
2) Minimize the use of electricity on the SP Building;
3) Give priority to pending proposals on environment, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, among others during our deliberations;
4) Allow civil society groups to use the SP lobby for Earth Day activities;
5) Serve organic food during our lunch break; and
6) Avoid the use of any plastics or non-biodegradable materials;
Any more suggestion?